I just watch Paper Heart with my roommates. Its about a girl who doesnt believe in love so she decides to make a documentary about it. She goes across the country asking people if they believe in love and what love means to them. In the process she meets someone and they start dating. As the relationship progresses she realizes she needs to figure out if she really does believe in love and if shes capable of it. I loved it. It was interesting to hear everyones different perspectives on love. Watching this movie made me think of a quote from Dan in Real Life. "Love isnt a feeling, its an ability." What do you think? Is love a feeling, do you need to be capable of falling in love, or can anyone fall in love?
2 comments:
Love is an ability and a choice. I know some of the kids that I've worked with in Social Work field just didn't have the ability and it was because they were never taught. This also explains why people get divorced or seperate. They just decide to not be in love.
At least that's my take on it.
Love is a lot of work! I think anyone can 'fall in love' but to stay in love you have to work at it! Any kind of love is work. Anything worth having is going to take a lot of effort. I think I'll put that movie in my queue!
Post a Comment