I just finished with my first run today. I know I said I was going to start a couple of weeks ago but the hardest part of starting anything for me is the beginning. Take writing a paper for a class. Ill procrastinate starting it but once I start I realize that its really not that bad. Anyways, I went on my first run today and I thought I was going to die. As I was running my two miles I realized how out of shape I am. After five minutes I could hardly breath but I wouldnt let myself stop. Even though my legs were shaking, my lungs were burning, and I could hardly breath I kept pushing myself. When I finished my run I dropped to the ground and stayed there for fifteen minutes. Its amazing what running can do for you. When I run I have complete control over everything. I decide if Im going to stop and walk, how far Im going to go, what music I listen to, whether I run outside or inside. I also love how running can make me forget about everything. I turn on my ipod, forget about everything going on in my life and just run. Its great. And now that my run is done I feel great and I cant wait to do it again tomorrow. Here I come half marathon!
2 comments:
You make running sound almost fun - but not quite! Oh - and we just bought new bunk beds, so we have a bed for you to sleep in if you want to come visit!
Wonder Woman!
Post a Comment